It’s vital that you take care of your data. To help administrators ensure data security F2H offers multiple types of backups. Instance backups can be taken on demand using Snapshots or on a regular basis using a backup schedule. Included in all NVMe VPS Plans is one Snapshot backup. To increase this backup limit purchase a backup plan. It’s then possible to take daily, weekly and monthly backups on a regular schedule and multiple Snapshots.
Instance Backups Management
To configure and manage regular backups;
- Access your products and services page in your client area.
- Select the VPS Instance you want to configure a backup for.
- In the menu bar to the left click “Backup Jobs“.
You are now at the management area for backups that run on a schedule.
Create New Instance Backup Job
To create a new regular backup job;
- Click the “+ New Job” button
- Set the start time in GMT of the backup job in 24hr format. To run the job at 1AM enter 01:00
- Select a day to run the job
- For the compression type always choose ZSTD unless you have reason to change it.
- Select a Backup Mode:
- Snapshot – Takes a backup while the server is online and is the default choice.
- Suspend – Suspends the server and takes a backup. This mode results in downtime while the backup is taken.
- Stop – Highest quality backup type but results in downtime.
- Email Notification – If you would like a notification once the job completes, select this option.
That’s the configuration complete. The network will complete the backup job on the schedule created above.
How was this article? – How To Create Regular Instance Backups